In case you missed it see what’s in this section
- 1 large grade AA egg, separated
- 2 tsp superfine sugar
- 1 oz heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp pure almond extract
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 oz Mount Gay rum
- dashes of grated cinnamon and nutmeg for garnish
- Separate the egg into two bowls.
- Beat the yolk until stiff.
- Beat the white with 1 tsp. sugar until peaks form.
- Slowly fold the white and yolk together.
- Separately, beat the cream with the almond, vanilla, and 1 tsp. sugar in a bowl until stiff.
- Fold in the cream with the egg mixture.
- Add the Mount Gay rum and stir gently.
- Refrigerate overnight, or serve immediately over ice in a punch glass or martini glass.
- Garnish with grated nutmeg and cinnamon.
- 3/4 oz SKYY Berry vodka
- 3/4 oz Peppermint Schnapps
- 3/4 oz white Crème de Cacao
- 1/4 oz grenadine
- 1 candy cane
- half and half
- soda water
- Pour the vodka, Peppermint Schnapps, white Creme de Cacao and grenadine into a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake well.
- Pour into a cocktail glass rimmed with crushed peppermint candy.
- Fill with half and half.
- Top with a splash of soda water.
- Garnish with a candy cane and serve.
- 100g/4oz light muscovado sugar
- 1 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 cloves
- 150ml water
- 1 lemon
- 2 clementines
- 150ml Cointreau
- 750ml/ 1¼pint bottle light red wine, such as Beaujolais
- wist of orange zest and a star anise, to serve
- Mix together 1 star anise, 1 cinnamon stick, 4 cloves and 150ml water in a pan, slowly adding 100g light muscovado sugar.
- Bring to the boil and let the pan simmer for 2 minutes. Pour the liquid into a large jug and leave to cool.
- Next thinly slice 1 lemon and 2 clementines and add them to the jug along with 150ml Cointreau and a 750ml bottle light red wine.
- Mix the ingredients well, cover and leave to chill for a minimum of 2 hours (for best results leave over night).
- Serve chilled or over ice, with a twist of orange zest.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1½ cups packed mint leaves
- 6 limes, cut into wedges
- 2 cups light rum
- Cracked ice
- 3 cups Champagne or sparkling wine
- 12 sprigs mint
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and water and cook over high heat just until the sugar has dissolved. Let cool to room temperature. (Basically, make simple syrup, using a one-to-one ratio of sugar and water).
- In a large pitcher, combine the sugar syrup with the mint leaves and lime wedges and muddle well with a wooden spoon. Add the rum and stir well. Strain the drink into another pitcher.
- Fill tall glasses with cracked ice and pour in the drink, filling them about two-thirds full. Top with Champagne, garnish with the mint sprigs and serve.
- 2 oz Midori
- 1/2 oz lemon juice
- 1 tsp simple syrup
- 1 maraschino cherry for garnish
- Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake well.
- Strain into a punch or cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a maraschino cherry, serve.
The North Pole
- 1oz Kahlua
- 2oz Vodka
- 1/8tsp Ginger
- ½oz Sugar Syrup
- ½tsp Vanilla Essence
- ¼cups Double Cream
- 2tbsp Chocolate Syrup
- In a cocktail shaker combine the vodka, Kahlúa, chocolate syrup, vanilla essence, sugar syrup and ginger over ice.
- Shake hard until the outside of the cocktail shaker becomes frosted.
- Strain into a chilled lowball glass before topping up with the cream, and serve.
Spiced Apple Sangria
- 750 ml bottle of white wine
- 3 cups apple cider
- 3/4 cup light rum
- 3 - 4 medium apples
- 3x 2inch orange peels
- 4x 3inch cinnamon sticks
- 2 teaspoons whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- 2x 12 ounce bottles of ginger beer
- Add all ingredients except ginger ale to a 2.5-quart or larger pitcher. Cover with airtight lid or cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, up to 24 hours.
- If desired, remove fruit and pour mixture through a fine-mesh sieve to strain out the spices and orange peel. Discard spices and orange peel and return liquid and apples to the pitcher. Personally, I like having the cloves and allspice bob around in each glass, so I don't strain, but you do have to be careful to dodge the whole spices when drinking it.
- Pour liquid into glasses about halfway. Add apple slices until glass is about 3/4 full. Top off with ginger beer. Serve with a straw.
Irish Cream Coffee
- 1.5 ounces of Irish cream liqueur
- 1.5 ounces of Irish whiskey
- 1 cup hot brewed coffee
- 1 tablespoon whipped cream
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- In a coffee mug, combine Irish cream and Irish whiskey.
- Fill mug with coffee.
- Top with a dab of whipped cream and a dash of nutmeg then serve.